Sue's Reviews > Stealing Jenny

Stealing Jenny by Ellen Gable

Oct 20, 11

bookshelves: family-drama
Read from October 19 to 20, 2011

I received a free Kindle copy of "Stealing Jenny" from Goodreads Giveaway author Ellen Gable. Stealing Jenny by Ellen Gable is a terrifyingly realistic suspense story,but it’s also a beautiful life-affirming novel that offers so much more.I couldn't put this book down.

Jenny Callahan, a devout Catholic mom overjoyed by the imminent birth of her sixth child after three heartbreaking miscarriages, stands on the bus stop with her young son, waiting for her daughters’ return from school. When she’s approached by a woman offering to share some maternity and baby clothes, she accepts, with no idea of the terrible ordeal she and her family are about to face.

Flawlessly transitioning between Jenny enduring her captivity at the hands of the disturbed woman who means to steal her unborn child and her distraught family trying to hold to their hope she will be rescued, author Ellen Gable offers another amazing portrait of the power and gift of faith in the most horrific of circumstances. A most enjoyable read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stealing Jenny.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol (new)

Carol  MacInnis Hey Sue! Sounds like a terrific book. Perhaps I could borrow it from you the next time I'm down. I finished Patterson's 'The 9th Judgment' and loved it. I'm reading a love story right now and then I still have two other books of yours I intend to get through so I can get them back to you. Thanks Sue. Hope all well there and Enrique and the 'boys' are good! We're all good here. Whinney is beginning to figure out the routine here so we are slowing loosening the reins and hope within 3 - 4 weeks she'll come around to our way of 'thinking' i.e. no chewing on EVERYTHING!!!! Take care. Love Carol

message 2: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue Hi Carol:

" Stealing Jenny" was a free Kindle copy that I received from Goodreads.You have been busy...haven't heard from you in a while.Enrique is home this weekend for a change. Today is Laundry day and Enrique is just finishing cleaning the washrooms.Can't wait for Monday. Hoping to get the casts off then.Then I can get back to my normal routine.Received 1 of the books that I was waiting for.Still waiting for 1 more.

Glad Whinney is catching on.Take it easy and have a good weekend.

Love Sue

message 3: by Carol (new)

Carol  MacInnis Sorry. I got so caught up in the synopsis you wrote I completely ignored the fact you got it on Kindle. I'll have to check for it next time I'm at Costco. We're doing well here. Just the shock of all that John is going through has been tough on everyone, but we're keeping a good thought and hope his tests etc get down quickly so he can get in for this operation. Take care and enjoy your weekend. Love Carol