Alanna (The Flashlight Reader)'s Reviews > Kiss of Frost

4719633
May 25, 12

bookshelves: ya, mythology, gifts-contests-won
Read in May, 2012

I am flying through these books! They are super easy to read and rather addicting. Kiss of Frost picks right up where the first book ends, and you are instantly hurtled into a steamy love triangle. Logan can’t make up his mind about what (or who) he wants and Gwen’s feelings for the Spartan have only grown stronger. Poor girl. She’s an emotional, conflicted mess. Luckily for her, there is a big winter carnival approaching that offers the promise of fresh meat in the love department, or at least that’s what her BFF promises… and Daphne always delivers on her promises.
Gwen is instantly drawn to the dreamy Preston. He is gorgeous and exactly what she needs to get her mind off Logan. Everything is going well in that area too, until someone tries to kill her. Four times! The winter carnival suddenly loses its appeal, and the fancy-schmancy ski resort becomes a death trap.
The same enticing romance factor in the first book, Touch of Frost, is found on every page in Kiss of Frost. There is no disappointment in that department. There was even a nice amount of action. Again, I sniffed out the villain early on, but it was ok. It didn’t take away from the story. I still enjoyed my reading. I was fairly satisfied with the ending of this book. There was a nice hook that left me desperate for the third book (thank you NetGalley!).
The only thing that did bother me about the book is that I found myself experiencing déjà vu a lot as I read. I understand that authors have to give a certain amount of back story in each book, just in case someone starts the series without reading the first book. However, getting the sense of reading the exact same lines and phrases over and over made me feel like I was in that movie Groundhog Day. It became tiresome. (Unfortunately, it still occurs in book 3!) That would be my one major gripe about the series. I found myself scanning pages of text because I knew exactly what they were going to say because I read it all in the first book.
I really am enjoying this series, so I recommend it. The mythology element isn’t as high in this one as the first. Or, at least it’s not as “fresh” this time around. We do meet a few more characters that become vital to the story line and see others undergo shocking changes. (Still wondering what that’s about.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss of Frost.