Rebecca's Reviews > The Art Museum

The Art Museum by Phaidon Press

Oct 17, 2011

bookshelves: to-read, age-adult-books, gift-books, creative-inspiration

Eeeek! Just saw this on the B & N web site. I don't need a $200.00, 1,000 page book, but part of me wants to have acquire a nice, recently-published art book on paper before eBooks take over the world. From the Goodreads description:

"The Art Museum is the finest art collection ever assembled between two covers. This revolutionary and unprecedented virtual art museum in a book, features 1,000 oversized pages of over 2,500 works of art. It is the most comprehensive and visually spectacular history of world art ever published. Ten years in the making, this unique book was created with a global team of 100 specialists in art history, who have collected together important works as they might be displayed in the ideal museum for the art lover."
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Art Museum.

message 1: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie We received 3 or 4 copies of this book in the other day, but since our store is closing at the end of December it will be going clearance next week. Starts at 30% off, then goes to 40% and finally 50% off. Not sure if there will be any left at that price, but I'll keep you posted.

message 2: by Rebecca (new) - added it

Rebecca Stephanie, wow! You know what, I also realized it was in the online "holiday preview sale" at 50% off yesterday, so I went for it. Having a little shopper's guilt right now, but I think I'll get over it. :) I didn't know your store was closing -- are you moving to another one?

message 3: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Won't know for sure about a transfer, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Our lease was up and the shopping center didn't want to renegotiate, so I might be out of a job very soon. Too bad none of the libraries are hiring right now, or if they are, they get 450 applicants for each opening.

message 4: by Rebecca (new) - added it

Rebecca Ugh, that totally stinks. And it's all over a lease!! :( I would think you'd get a transfer, with all your experience. Fingers crossed for you. And thanks for noticing the potential book discount!