Crista's Reviews > Fifty Shades Freed

Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James

3194546
Jan 20, 12

bookshelves: 4-star, contemporary, hot, kindle, series, tear-jerkers, tortured-heroes
Read from January 18 to 20, 2012

A very satisfying ending to this incredible series. Fifty Shades Freed was not my favorite book of the series, but it gives the perfect Happliy Ever After that I've been craving since book 1.

The Good:
* Ana and Christian have combustible chemistry and in this book it intensifies further:) The sex scenes are numerous and very steamy. I love these two characters together (in and out of bed:)
* Christian's love for Ana knows no bounds. He is so completely in love with her and his actions show it. Her happiness means everything to him and he would move mountains (and does) to see her content. His gestures towards her bring about many swoon moments .
* Christian's past is finally explored and many questions are answered about his past relationships and behaviors.
* This book shows the reality of marriage. Not everything is perfect and there is certainly conflict in this book. Fifty is a very complicated man, and there are many issues that arise within their marriage that must be resolved. I enjoyed the complexity of this relationship and loved watching Ana become a strong and confidant woman.
* The epilogue is incredible. It was definitely the "cherry on top" experience as I read the last sentence and felt completely content. It's hard to end a book and feel cheated. Thanks to this talented author, we are gifted with what is IMHO the perfect ending.
* Perhaps my favorite part of this series have been the email exchanges between Ana and Christian. In this book there are several more delicious email exchanges that kept me thoroughly entertained.

The Bad:
* The beginning starts out incredibly. We are given glimpses of their wedding and are treated to the full monty experience of the honeymoon. When Christian and Ana return from their honeymoon, the book's pacing slows down quite a bit. I think that there were parts of this book that could've been left out.
* The suspense portion of this book was a bit predictable. I wouldn't even call it suspense because it's clear who the culprit is from the beginning.
* Secondary characters (Kate, Elliot, and Mia) are given some fairly significant time in this book and I just never really cared/connected with the secondary characters very much.

As a whole, this is a definite 5 star series. I don't know if I'll ever meet a hero quite like Christian (and I don't know that I want to). He is perfectly written, and his love for Ana is what I will remember about this series. Ana is also a heroine that I came to love a great deal. Ana saves Christian by giving him hope, love, and a brand new future. It is an awesome thing to experience.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fifty Shades Freed.

01/18/2012 page 1
0.18% "FINALLY:)"
01/19/2012
30.0% "Ahhh....to be loved by Christian Grey! How sweet it is......"

Comments (showing 1-3)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

KatLynne Loved your review Crista! I loved this series and can hardly wait to dig in to this one!

Crista Enjoy it Katlynne! It's hard to say goodbye to this series! Thank goodness it ends well:)

Catherine Great review, Crista! I really liked getting to see more explanation of Christian's past, too.