Andrea's Reviews > Poppy Done to Death

Poppy Done to Death by Charlaine Harris

Aug 26, 14

bookshelves: z2009_read_list, fiction, mystery, 2014_read_list
Read in August, 2014

** spoiler alert ** 2014 Review: The final book in the Aurora Teagarden series, I am thrilled to say this series ended on a high note. Roe is at her best when she has a lot of chaos to cope with. A dead sister-in-law, a boatload of people’s dirty secrets, and unexpected company made this one a quick and enjoyable read. I enjoyed Roe’s interactions with her brother who has been long absent from this series. I’ve long disliked Roe’s ex-boyfriend Arthur and I’m shocked he hasn’t lost his job after the nonsense in this book. Overall, this was a better end to the series than anything previously but not as satisfying as some of the earlier books.

2009 Review - Four Stars: I somehow managed to miss this one in reading through this series. It was nice to fill in the blanks, as the events of this book get referenced later, but over all – I was lukewarm about this one. It was interesting to see Roe working to solve a murder where the deeper she dug, the less she cared for the woman murdered – sister-in-law or no. I'm not sure if Harris is working on more in this series but Roe has grown into a very interesting, fleshed out character as these books have gone on and I wouldn't mind having a few more adventures with her.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Poppy Done to Death.

08/21 marked as: currently-reading