Melissa (Book Nerd Reviews)'s Reviews > Fearscape

Fearscape by Simon Holt

Oct 27, 2011

Read from October 17 to 28, 2011

Wow.... what a series. I love that feeling of finishing the last book in a series and having everything wash over you.

This is hands down the best YA horror series out there. Possibly best horror series in general.

Fearscape picks up where Soulstice left us (on a cliffhanger, where else?). Reggie is in dire need of help after being kidnapped by the Vours and so Aaron, Quinn and Machen set of on a quest to find her.

Reggie has been enslaved by the Vours, and is forced to go into fearscape after fearscape in an attempt to save people from the Vours. What she is soon to realise however, is that every time she goes into a fearscape and defeats a Vour, a bit of that Vour goes into her and becomes a part of her. Before she knows it, her very DNA has been altered. She's still herself, but she has some extra abilities within her now.

I really ended up loving and caring for these characters. What's not to love about Reggie? She's such a badass protagonist. It almost feels at times like she's not afraid of anything, because she just all these fears (litterally) in the fearscapes and conquers them all.

Quinn sounds so sexy. I'm sorry Aaron, but Quinn is the winner here! His body is worse for wear after being possessed by a Vour, but he still has it as far as I am concerned!

Such a perfect book to finish off this series, there are twists and turns right until the last pages. This book gets into action immediately, with our first fearscape opening up to us on page 6! And it doesn't stop. Such a fast paced book, but I love Simon Holt's writing style, because he has that amazing ability to write in such a way where everything unfolds in your imagination as you read. It reads like a movie!

If you're going to read this, I can't highly enough recommend starting from the first book. It was so amazing to me, because I did have that background from the first two books. Excellent series though!

View more of my reviews at: http://www.booknerdreviews.com
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fearscape.

10/25/2011 page 33