Amy's Reviews > City of Bones

Jun 28, 08

bookshelves: ya-fantasy
Recommended to Amy by: Alyssa
Read in June, 2008

This book was really interesting. I liked it a lot, but I didn't like the downworlders too much. I didn't like how they kind of had rules they had to obey..or the shadowhunters would take them out. For example, I didn't like how the vampires had to drink animal blood. It kind of makes them less menacing. They also didn't touch too much on a lot of the other species of downworlders and I almost wanted to know more about some of them.

The shadowhunters also seemed a little shallow, because they looked down on mundanes so much and put themselves up on such a high pedestal because they kill demons. It seems the better warriors they are, the more in love with themselves they are.

I really like the relationship between Jace and Clary...until you know what happens. If you have read the book you know what I mean, if you haven't I don't want to spoil it. It also makes me wonder if anything will ever come of Simon and Clary, or if she will meet some new guy in the next book. I can't wait to read more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Bones.