Angelica's Reviews > The Introvert Advantage: How to Thrive in an Extrovert World

The Introvert Advantage by Marti Olsen Laney

Oct 17, 11

This book is full of tips that are applicable to the real world, five stars.
The End.

Most books like this I hate. They spend forever making me do 50-pages silly tests telling me whether I am this or that, then they spend forever again explaining to me how I supposedly work, what problems I have, how my brain works (including the strictly medical stuff) etc. etc. (Oh, I almost forgot to mention the articles/books that strongly propagate for which of intro/extro is the better. Yuck! It just is.)
This book has a few of those, except the propaganda, but combines it with everyday examples I can relate to, and tips on how to handle them! Yes! Thank you! (If anyone has read a similar book, please tell me)
One example: Wear a different jewellery which draws the eye so you can speak about it.
One other: Take a breather! Go to the toilet, go outside for a break and come back again instead of running away every time it gets to be too much.
This book has not only come up with a few quirks I never really noticed I had (black outs), but it has provided me with coping strategies that helps me in everyday life. Some of them are obvious (like the take a break one) but things I still somehow have not thought of 0_o
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Introvert Advantage.