Gardavson's Reviews > Shaedes of Gray

1948060
Nov 19, 2011

bookshelves: first-reads-giveaways, own, paranormal, 5-star
Read from November 17 to 19, 2011

Despite that I won this as an ARC, this is an honest review, in no way pressured to review it in any way other than completely honest. That being said,

Fan-freaking-tastic! Really, really well done. All the characters were really well done, well developed, well thought out. They had a depth that I think usually takes longer to create. I felt like even the side characters had nooks and crannies to be explored. The characters were so interesting, I hope there is a book devoted to them all! Xander, Raif, even Anya. I hope we see a lot of them as the series progresses.

The world building was creatively done. We actually learned the world as the character learned. The plot flowed nicely. It was so hard to put down! There was never a lull, a place where I could easily set the book aside for awhile, you know, like to sleep.

I refuse to believe this is the author's first book. Nothing amatuerish about the writing at all. Thoroughly enjoyed it. My only complaint is that I don't have the sequel sitting reassuringly at my fingertips.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shaedes of Gray.