Ozma's Reviews > Tom Cruise: An Unauthorized Biography

Oct 16, 11

bookshelves: bargain-book-purchase
Recommended for: People who hate Scientology
Read from September 29 to October 12, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Fully expecting a tell all on the inner details of Tom Cruise's flamboyant sex life, I instead got a tell all on...Scientology. So, it was still juicy, but an intellectual, wow, that is bizarre stuff juicy. (The tell all on Angelina by the same author, now THAT was juicy. I mentioned this to my mom, and she said, well, what do you expect, Tom IS boring!) I give Morton credit for seeing patterns (Tom abandons a wife to take up with another one immediately, just like his dad...). The "myth" of Tom Cruise as a writing-producing-acting machine is also exposed. My favorite part was when the Church of Scientology supposedly made Tom and Nicole Kidman's newlywed dream of running through a field of wildflowers towards each other come true. They supposedly actually made a field of wildflowers for the couple. As I read this to my husband, I said to him, Honey, I want to run through a field of wildflowers towards you. Do you think someone will give us that as a gift? He was like, uhhhh, no, and that's whack. Also, he and I were both disappointed to find no grand expose of Tom Cruise's sexual preferences as anything other than just regular vanilla liking women. According to this book, Tom is a regular heterosexual male, which is fine, just makes for a dull read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tom Cruise.