Books & Sensibility's Reviews > Never Enough

Never Enough by Denise Jaden

Jun 10, 12

bookshelves: 2012-books-reviewed
Read in June, 2012

The book has a powerful story to tell and gets progressively more intense as we learn about Claire's eating disorder and the sisters relationship. Jaden is a vivid storyteller and at points you can feel the tangibility of the strain between the sisters.

Jaden's depictions of Loann's insecurities felt real and authentic. I like how through photography Loann is able to find herself a niche where she if comfortable. However, I had a hard time relating to Loann I wasn't able to see her existence outside of the people who came into her life.

Aside from Loann's issues with her sister, we also follow Loann as she begins a relationship with her new school friend, Marcus. At first I wasn't a big fan of their story line, it felt to cliched. However it grew on me as it went along and I found myself becoming very sympathetic for Marcus.

Never Enough is a great addition to the contemporary genre. It tells the all to important story of perceptions vs. reality, losing control and the things love can and can't save us from.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Never Enough.