Phillip's Reviews > The Greatest Story Ever Sold: The Decline and Fall of Truth from 9/11 to Katrina

The Greatest Story Ever Sold by Frank Rich

M_50x66
May 17, 08

I listened to the audiobook in my car. This book is a chronological (literally, it follows a strict timeline) account of the Bush Administration through the publishing of the book. It starts with W's upbringing and why he's so insecure of himself and rolls right into the war planning (or lack thereof). I have to admit that this was depressing as hell. I had forgotten many of the scandals and foul-ups over the last few years (since there were so many fresh ones to replace them), so to have them all retold and expounded upon via hindsight was a little frustrating. You just end up scratching your head, saying to yourself, "really, America, really?" So if you don't want to do that to yourself, you may want to skip it. However, if you need something to motivate you to make sure someone like W is never elected again, you must have this in your collection.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Greatest Story Ever Sold.