Aidan's Reviews > The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle

Oct 16, 11

Read in October, 2011

"Very few literary characters attain iconic status". It's true. Everyone knows who Sherlock Holmes is. But who has read a book about him?
In the book The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes he solves many different mysteries. Anything from a scandal involving a king to stopping a bank robbery, Sherlock Holmes is who you see if you need something solved.
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle did a good job of describing how Sherlock Holmes solves each mystery. I wish he had put more action into the book. I think the author wrote this to entertain people who lived in that day, It's written in language from long ago, and many words are spelled with British spellings, so it was confusing in some parts.
I think the theme of this book is that even though even though some things don't seem important at the time, they could be important later. Sherlock Holmes uses a lot of information to solve the mysteries and we should always be looking at the details.
I would encourage people to read this book. It's written in short stories, so you can read a few of the mysteries and if you like them you can read more!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Mikael Of course it's spelled the British way and yes, the books were written in the 1800s.

Gráinne A positive review, so why only two stars?

Farzin ...you clearly do not read a lot of books