1. As birds bring forth the sun - Alistair Macleod
Nice story, good follow up of American Gods.
2. The Well of Dunrea - Gabrielle roy
Nice story but put in a far too complex structure.
3. The Medicine Line - Wallace Stegner
Really boring narration of exploration.
4. Bring Forth a Wonder - George Bowering
Nice story, best so far in which a European explorer (Vancouver) tries to imagine how the Indian (Native Canadians) reacted when they saw the white men for the first time.
5. The First Garden - Anne Hébert
From the novel Le Premier Jardin
. Interesting idea of people who want to create their own Genesis in the new world. I also learnt about the fille du roi
6. The Boy's own Annual, 1911
Mysticism of the West.