Jesus Q's Reviews > The Dangerous Book for Boys

The Dangerous Book for Boys by Conn Iggulden

M 50x66
Nov 13, 2011

Read from November 06 to 13, 2011

The Dangerous Book for Boys by Conn Iggulden was given to me by my sister just a few days before I went to Mexico. When I skimmed through the book, I noticed there were a lot of interesting outdoor activities such as "five knots every boy should know" and "hunting and cooking a rabbit". And I remember saying to myself wow, when I get to Mexico I can really do some of this stuff. I actually did some of them, however I never really read the book other than the activities. Also I think I got this book taken away from me from my parents more than pellet guns whenever I tired the activities at home, but recently I found it buried in a closet.
Conn Iggulden made this book for boys "eight to eighty" to relive those childhood adventures or to toughen up the new generation. It's very informative. This book covers over many topics such as "The new/old seven wonders of the world", "How to build a treehouse", and "Girls". This book includes famous battles, stories, quotes, phrases, and books that every boy should know. It is a great father-son book, and a great boys scout handbook. If you are not afraid to get dirty and want to build a go cart, or learn how to skip stones, or be able to identify constellations, what are you waiting for!
There is something for everyone in this book, it might now be in the first page but It'll be the next. The Dangerous Book for Boys contains a lot of useful information, and it is organized in such a manner that you want to read what are they going to tell you next. If your'e a girl, get the girl version "The Daring Book for Girls".

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dangerous Book for Boys.

11/06/2011 page 128
47.0% "From what I've read so far, I can say I feel like a true boys scout. This book shows how survive in the wilderness, how to make knots, how to find your way using the stars etc. There are also famous battles such as Thermopylae and the 300 Spartans, and extraordinary stories like Douglas Bader the famous WW2 piolet. They should write a movie on him. This book is a must read, and the activities bucket list worthy."