Laura's Reviews > The Truth of Valor

The Truth of Valor by Tanya Huff

Oct 16, 11

bookshelves: science-fiction
Read in October, 2011

First off, I love Tanya Huff's work! She has a way with words and knows how to twist them. I both laughed and jumped with glee as I read the last words of The Truth of Valor.

My last visit to Barnes and Noble was a good one. I netted several good reads (including one I already owned *sigh) and I've been looking forward to a nice spread of time to read. My knee is in a compression bandage right now due to a bad twist so I have both the time and the excuse to read. I was very happy to see that there was a new Tanya Huff. I was even happier when I realized it was a Confederation novel.

The Confederation universe is an absorbing one. The aliens are sufficiently alien. The hero is heroic but human. The bad guys have motivation (even if the motivation is homicidal lunatic). The Confederacy universe lies somewhere between Honor Harrington's universe (David Weber) and the Serrano universe (Elizabeth Moon).

I heartily recommend this series to those who enjoy space opera. It's a fun world (albeit not necessarily a nice, clean, or fair one).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Truth of Valor.