Books to the Sky's Reviews > On a Dark Wing

On a Dark Wing by Jordan Dane

Feb 04, 12

Check out more reviews at www.bookstothesky.com

I gotta be honest, I struggled between rating this a 2 and a 3. I think what pushed it up to a 3 for me was that there wasn't a real love triangle going on in this book.

This story changes views between Nate and Abbey, and I gotta say that Nate was pretty boring to read. And then when he "shows" up where Abbey is staying with her dad, I wanted to flick Abbey between the eyes for not being smarter about realizing it wasn't actually him.

She just gets up and goes out in the middle of the night to see a boy who has never spoken to her and who is acting strangely? Yeah, ok. And I realize she had a huge crush on him, but for someone who watched Nate all the time, she should have been slightly more clued in about some of his behaviors. The boy who doesn't even realize she exists suddenly shows up near her cabin and without taking more than two sentences to her kisses her?

I just felt like there were a ton of plot holes in this story regarding Death and how this all worked out. And then the climax of the story happened and it was still another 40 pages with everything wrapping up.

I really wanted to like this book, but I felt like with those factors it just was such a struggle for me to enjoy this the way I wanted to.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On a Dark Wing.