Donna's Reviews > Bloodstone

Bloodstone by Barbra Annino

Oct 18, 11

bookshelves: mystery, read-in-2011, urban-fantasy-paranormal
Read from October 16 to 18, 2011

** spoiler alert ** This is the second book in the Stacy Justice series. I like the characters and the story but there was one thing that really annoyed me. Stacy is supposed to be around 28 years old in 2011 but there are numerous references to her having lived as an adult and dated in the 1980's. Impossible, as she would have been born in 1983. This is not the first book I have read where this kind of thing happens. I don't know if authors aren't good at math or possibly they have access to wormholes in space, but that kind of thing really bugs me when I read a book.

I had forgiven that flaw and was thinking this was a 4 star book but it spun out of control the last 10% or so. Noah's Ark? Stacy running around in three-inch heels and looking like a dominatrix? All the bad guys conveniently dying or going crazy(?) in the last chapter? Did I mention Noah's Ark?

I still enjoyed the book enough to want to read the next one, but I hope the story can stay tight all the way through to the end.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloodstone.

Sunny Yeah, this got a little bizarre. I agree that the author seemed to have forgotten when Stacy was born. The math didn't add up especially when she stated Stacy was born in the 90s. It was all very confusing.