M Sheik Uduman Ali's Reviews > Revolution 2020: Love, Corruption, Ambition

Revolution 2020 by Chetan Bhagat

M 50x66
Oct 16, 11

Read in October, 2011

As like his earlier, Revolution 2020 has well mixture of love, sex, and politics with cinematic turns which keep us reading to the end with couple of stretches. This time Chetan set the stage at Varanasi with crisp narration about the living. And of course, he did not miss the IIT extravaganza with his own style.

The best thing with Chetan's fictions is that you will have no clue on what would be next at some places and he let you give enough guess over some cinematic turns like Gopal's father's dead, but still keeping you more interesting with the succeeding knots.

Though there is no real connection, the "Ko" movie characters "Jeeva" and "Ajmal" reflected in my memory when coming across the characters "Gopal" and "Raghav" respectively. I don't know why.

I emotionally attached with many pages for example I literally give a punch on page 12 for Gopal's career lose due to his love.

I thoroughly enjoyed the educational fair uproar. And the Chetan's apparent narration about our f****** education system which is one of the costlier business in our country mainly run by liquor merchants, politicians, and the corrupted culture.

I like the concept of "pulling out the power-driven" system from our stupid politicians.

As like his previous, the romantic part is awesome and the full-length SMS conversation with Gopal and Aarti is simply lured us. Of course, he has given enough pages for bed room scenes.

The climax though unpredictable, but Gopal's attempt is more cinematic. However, the climax really disturbed me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Revolution 2020.

புழுதி. That really is a very insightful review.The thing KO makes me want to read the book.Gonna give it a try.