Glass's Reviews > Fifty Shades Freed

Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James

Jan 28, 12

bookshelves: 2012, chick-lit, way-too-hot, kinky, netgalley-edelweiss, favorites, romance, blog-tour
Read from January 18 to 20, 2012

Read my review on my blog http://jacitamati.blogspot.com/2012/0... as the part of the Fifty Shades Freed Blog Tour.

Last year was pretty exciting when it comes to the books. Lots of awsome new releases, sequels, lazy summer days spent in the company of even hotter "imaginary" characters. One of the probably most discussed titles was Fifty Shades of Gray written by american author E. L. James. It was on the top of the to-swoon-list among my friends standing side by side with Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire, Summer series by Jenny Han, irresistible Fuentes brothers from Perfect Chemistry trilogy and, of course, rock god with his girlfriend's name tattooed over his heart, Kellan Kayle from Toughtless by C.S. Stephens.
Thanks to the publishing house The Writer's Coffee Shop, I am happy to be part of the Fifty Shades Freed Blog Tour. So, let's get started!

TWCS book description:

When unworldly student Ana Steele first encountered the driven, damaged young entrepreneur Christian Grey, it sparked a sensual affair that changed both their lives irrevocably. Shocked, intrigued, and ultimately repelled by Christian’s singular sexual tastes, Ana demanded a deeper commitment; determined to keep her, Christian agreed.
Now, together, they have more—love, passion, intimacy, wealth, and a world of infinite possibilities. But Ana always knew that loving her Fifty Shades would not be easy and being together poses challenges neither of them ever anticipated. Ana must somehow learn to share Christian’s opulent lifestyle without sacrificing her own integrity, identity, or independence; Christian must somehow overcome his compulsion to control and lay to rest the horrors that blighted his past and haunt his present.
Just when it seems that together their love can conquer any obstacle, tragedy, malice and fate combine to make Ana’s worst nightmares come true. Alone and desperate, she must face down the poisoned legacy of Christian’s past.
Seductive, shocking, sad, and funny, Fifty Shades Freed is the compelling final volume in the Fifty Shades trilogy.

Fifty Shades Freed is final book in Fifty Shades trilogy. The series originally started as Twilight fan fiction and those who followed the story on FanFiction.Net knew it by the name Master of the Universe. (Little spoiler, there's tiny reference to the original title in the book. Nice move.) I didn't read it while the novel was in that stage, but I've heard a lot about it from some of my friends. At first, I wasn't so keen on reading it, to be honest. I was never a big fan of retellings and fan fiction is retelling of some kind. So, one day I picked it up nudged only by curiosity - I wanted to see what a big fuss was about. After an hour I was hooked. I never before gave five stars to the book with erotic twist. That says something, at least when it comes to me. Second book, Fifty Shades Darker, was a bit disappionting - I guess I had too high expectations. I've just hoped that author would make all better in the last book. And, boy, she did!

When you start to read it, you'll be confused and left wondering did you miss something in the previous book. Don't worry! E. L. James smartly chose to tell the story retrospectively in the first fourth of the book and it's okay - but here's the deal - sometimes it could drive your readers mad when you use same narrative mode too much on small number of pages, especially when nothing really happens and main character is reminiscing about same things she is doing or thinking about in the present. Other than that, perfect!

Speaking about characters, I have to say that they developed and matured when you look back at the beginning of the series (nicely done, Ms. James!), everything is explained so that some things you might found irritating about Ana or Christian (especially him) are put in the right light. At the end you'll find yourself wondering who is the dom in the relationship. It turned out to be one of those girl power things after all (big fan over here).

One thing that will stay with me for a while is "inner goddess and subconscious" rants. We, girls, are complicated creatures and big part of the reason why male population finds our mood swings or inconsistency confusing is due to these two parts of female personality. Our inner goddess and our subconscious don't like each other very much and we are tiptoeing aroud those two all the time.

Finally, thank you, E. L. James, for teaching me the art of driving my man crazy with lascivious e-mails. My intimite life got the whole new meaning.

Fifty Shades Freed is available in paperback and e-book format. It's up to you guys to choose which one you prefer. This is one of must-read-series.

Until next time,
Laters baby! ;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fifty Shades Freed.

01/18/2012
2.0% ""Laters, baby." - My heart melted..."
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

4k45h4 da, stvarno, odakle ti?

Glass Dobila sam arc od izdavača :)

Lea (Between fantasy and reality) Blago tebi.No,jos koji dan i mi ostali smrtnici cemo je moci procitati :)

4k45h4 sutra :)

message 6: by Say (new) - rated it 3 stars

Say how is this so far? is it good?

Glass I like it. It's better than second book.

message 8: by Sena (last edited Jan 19, 2012 01:48AM) (new) - added it

Sena I'm currently reading the first book.So far,I love it.And I wonder,how is this?Can't wait for your review.

Glass I'll post it on January 25th. It's really good - better than last one, but still there are a few things that are annoying me. Fifty Shades of Gray is the best in the series.

message 10: by Sena (new) - added it

Sena Oh.ok.Yes,the first book is great.So is Christian :P
But I don't like Ana as much as I like Christian.Because she's always thinking of nonsense thing.Maybe I would love her if she doesnt act without thinking.But I hope this situation will change in the future.

ivana18 E.L James je engleskinja, mislim da je peruanskog (ili nekog drugog južno američkog) podrijetla, ne amerikanka. Onda ti je prva još uvijek najbolja?

Glass Uhhh, nisam to znala. Da, prva mi se najviše sviđa.