Tom Tancin's Reviews > The False Prince

The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen

Mar 18, 12

bookshelves: favorites
Read from March 07 to 18, 2012

The False Prince is a great book with a very likeable main character. Sage is a real character who you want to get to know and you appreciate the fact that you can take part in his journey. Jennifer Nielsen definitely has a talent for keeping the reader turning the pages. Every chapter ended with me wanting more. The plot for the throne was mysterious and compelling. The mystery can be solved before it is revealed but that doesn't take away from the story.

If I had to pick one thing that I thought could be better, it would be that I wish the book had ended on a little more of a cliff hanger. I anxiously await the next book in the trilogy but I think that a cliff hanger would've made the sequel much more urgent and made it unbearable to wait (which could be a really good thing). That being said, it was a very enjoyable read and I'm looking forward to Sage's (trying not spoil anything) next journey.

Fans of medieval fantasy will especially enjoy this book but I think it will appeal to a wider audience as well. I highly recommend this book to readers who enjoy a good young adult book with interesting characters and a fast moving, engaging story.

Tom Tancin, author of Hippocampus (Book One of the Atlantis Revolution)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The False Prince.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Natasha I agree with the cliff hanger analysis; I felt like it was tied a little too neatly, but not so much I won't eagerly wait for the next book.