Snowtulip's Reviews > Coyote's Creed

Coyote's Creed by Vaughn R. Demont

Nov 07, 11

bookshelves: own, m-m, urban-fant
Read from November 06 to 07, 2011

I admit, I read this book because of this absolutely beautiful cover (one of my favorites), but as we all know, you need more than the cover to keep reading the story.

Spencer, the main character, kept me fully engaged and reading this enteraining urban fantasy. I love Spencer's sense of humor and pop culture knowledge. He cracked me up throughout the book, and who doesn't love someone that uses tv as his moral guide?

You learn about Spencer's trickster nature, but you always know that he has a heart and charm that is genuine.

There were moments of adventure, cleverness, laughter and sadness...all the elements for a great story.

This is not a romance, so know that going in (maybe in the future), and I admit Spence and Rourke's relationship creeped me out at first, but I got over that very quickly ;)

This was such a great read and would recommend to everyone that enjoys urban fantasy. Can't wait to read more from this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Coyote's Creed.

11/06/2011
6.0% ""When it comes to waking up in an unfamiliar bed with a hell of a headache, TV doesn't really give you encouraging suggestions." Love when someone looks to tv for answers ;)"
11/06/2011
43.0% "Getting these "something is going to creep me out vibes" while reading this."
11/06/2011
51.0% ""my brain is overfocused on favorite lines from The Princess Bride. Damn it, why did that have to be such a quotable movie," LOL!" 2 comments
77.0% 3 comments
11/07/2011
100.0% "Really enjoyed it!"
show 3 hidden updates…

Comments (showing 1-35)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Cayce Can't stop staring at the cover *sigh*
Gonna read this after It's Like This :)

Alyosha Have a group read?

Hope you end up enjoying It's Like This, Cayce!

Snowtulip Aly and Cayce, group read would be great! Let me know when!

Cayce Yay! Group read! I could start on Sunday or any other time next week. I don't have too many books I want to read now.....:( Besides It's Like This, I'm listening on audiobook this m/f Grim Reaper book, but I would finish it soon :)

@Aly I'm enjoying it :D:D:D

Snowtulip Sunday is good for me too, how about you Aly?

message 30: by Lauraadriana (new) - added it

Lauraadriana I'm in!! Aly and I had talked about reading it :O) Let me know when to start!

Alyosha Sunday works for me :}

@LA You good with Sunday, babe?

message 28: by Lauraadriana (new) - added it

Lauraadriana Alyosha wrote: "Sunday works for me :}

@LA You good with Sunday, babe?"

Yep! It's a date dear :O)
Yay! Group read!

Cayce Sunday. time

Cayce I'm starting NOW :D

message 25: by Lauraadriana (new) - added it

Lauraadriana Cayce wrote: "I'm starting NOW :D"

message 24: by Cayce (last edited Nov 06, 2011 06:31AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cayce Lauraadriana wrote: "Cayce wrote: "I'm starting NOW :D"

Cute Coyote Cayce! Laddie is coming over this morning so I wont be able to read much until the afternoon, but I'll at least try to start"

That's fine. I have a test to study for. I'm going to do a read-study-read-cycle :) So it'll take longer to finish it.

edit: Have fun :D

Alyosha @LA Hope you two ladies have a great time! Kisses and hugs to both of you!

@Cayce I'll be starting now too, don't study too hard ;)

Snowtulip Have fun LA and Laddie!

Aly and Cayce, just rolling out of bed :), I'll be starting.

MsMiz (Tina) I'm in. I had already started it awhile ago and got distracted.

message 20: by Lauraadriana (new) - added it

Lauraadriana I started it, but won't get too far until this afternoon. Don't read too fast ladies!

Snowtulip Yah, Tina!

MsMiz (Tina) I am at 20%....did everyone start?

Snowtulip Looks like we all started, you are definately further ahead ;)

message 16: by Cayce (last edited Nov 06, 2011 07:45AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cayce MsMiz (Tina) wrote: "I am at 20%....did everyone start?"

Hi Tina *waves*
Yep, at 2% :) I need a 0 to catch up to you :)

Alyosha Just finished! I really hope #2 will be out soon! The most interesting and fun urban fantasy I've read in a while

Snowtulip I had to go run some errands, so I just got back to it, only at 50%, but I'm loving it so far...but I still think I am going to be totally creeped out soon?

Cayce Yeah, Spence+Rourke was really WTF at first(I'm another "victim" of the cover, I totally thought that Rourke is just some old guy, and that there's going to be another love interest...), but I came to love Rourke :)

Snowtulip I did too, he was creeping me out so much at the beginning, but he's so great. He really watches out for Spence and I'm curious to see how Spencer's feeling will start to change in the future. So completely pissed off with (view spoiler).

Cayce Snowtulip wrote: "I did too, he was creeping me out so much at the beginning, but he's so great. He really watches out for Spence and I'm curious to see how Spencer's feeling will start to change in the future. So..."

Ditto (view spoiler)

message 10: by Lauraadriana (new) - added it

Lauraadriana Yeah im still struggling with the skeevester factor!

Snowtulip @LA, hang in there, I don't think I started to come around to past 50% of the story, maybe more ;)

@Cayce, as always, I like the way you think (view spoiler).

Cayce Lauraadriana wrote: "Yeah im still struggling with the skeevester factor!"

Don't give up! It's so good. And the blonde jokes. (view spoiler)Lol.

Lauraadriana K ladies I read your spoilers :0) I will go forth and read!

message 6: by Cayce (last edited Nov 10, 2011 06:13PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cayce @Snow (view spoiler)

@LA Yay!!!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

It's good LA. And funny. Go read!!!

MsMiz (Tina) It is so weird, but I did not find it skeevy. I mean, he is at least what, 1000 years old and has lived through different worlds. If you think about it that way, hell he cannot have anyone. Fae transcend the age laws.

Snowtulip @Tina, that helped make it easier, it was just at the beginning the "uncle" image didn't work for me, but I am now a Rourke cheerleader.

@Cayce, who knew there were so many blond jokes, I also could not help cracking up with Spencers zombie thing!

LA, I think you will like it, it will make you laugh (maybe not as much as the sheep and swan you've been reading lately ;)

MsMiz (Tina) OMG the blond jokes were So funny. I still love this book and think about it every now and again. Cannot wait for the next one to come out.

Alyosha Same here! I really enjoyed this one, and the fact that Rourke was at least thousand years older than Spence wasn't disturbing to me - partly because neither of them is exactly a human and partly because they were both especial characters, and somehow a morally ambigous relationship just fit them *g*