Diana's Reviews > On Thin Ice

On Thin Ice by Anne Stuart

Feb 18, 12

bookshelves: author-pubbed-ebook, romance-suspense, favorites, audiobooks
Read from October 16 to 20, 2011

Adding to my audio shelf. Narrator Xe Sands nailed it. Finn's Irish accent is lovely and lyrical yet studly and, did I mention sexy? I'm so glad she didn't make him sound like a wee leprechaun.

I LOVED this. Finn is Irish and cheeky and adorable. He was trying to be an Anne Stuart bad boy, but he just couldn't pull it off.

Great book, great narration. I'll take Anne Stuart and Xe Sands any day.
8 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On Thin Ice.

message 1: by Xe (new) - added it

Xe Sands You know, I think that's what I liked most about him :) Well, that and the accent. Ohhh, an Irish accent. Yum!

message 2: by Xe (new) - added it

Xe Sands Aw, thanks so much, Diana! So very glad you enjoyed it. This is my favorite Anne Stuart to date - I shouldn't love Finn, but I do. What can I say? Sucker for an Irish accent. Can't help myself.

Diana You know I was just discussing with Lea that Anne Stuart has an amazing backlist. Wishing and hoping here.

You're welcome. I know I'll listen to this one again...and again.

message 4: by Xe (new) - added it

Xe Sands It does seem that in bits and pieces, some of it has been making it into audio.

Very glad this one is a keeper for you :)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley Diana wrote: "You know I was just discussing with Lea that Anne Stuart has an amazing backlist. Wishing and hoping here.

You're welcome. I know I'll listen to this one again...and again."

Hoping Krissie checks in on this. I know she has been working on getting her backlist in digital format - first in eBooks. I've been buying some of her titles as they become available.

I don't know if they have moved to the next step of digital audio.

Brittany B. Oh wow we have Xe Sands commenting! :)
I've been waiting to take a chance with this book. This review sealed the deal.

message 7: by Xe (new) - added it

Xe Sands I did sneak in, didn't I? So glad you've decided to take the chance :) Hope you enjoy it.

Diana Brittany, I love this whole series in print and audio. We are lucky yo have Xe *waving hello* narrating two (this one and Fire and Ice) of them. Another excellent performance is Gabra Zackman on Ice Blue. Enjoy!

Kathleen I read this one and loved it. See my squee-shaped 4.5-star review. I'd give it 5 stars but for all the typos, and a few minor quibbles. Maybe I will also listen, if the narrator is as great as you say.

willaful I loved the narration too. She doesn't seem to narrate much romance, sadly.