Diana S's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

Oct 31, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2011, real-reel
Read from October 15 to 24, 2011

I give this book 3.5 stars. I've changed my mind. A Definite 4 stars****!!!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

10/17/2011 page 9
show 3 hidden updates…

message 1: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim First time read, Diana?

Diana S Kim wrote: "First time read, Diana?"

Yep, First time! I hope I like it !!

message 3: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim Diana, after some 14 years of resisting my now adult son nagging me to read the series, I finally gave in a few months ago with the urging of one of my GR groups. I recently finished listening to all of the books, narrated by Stephen Fry. I loved them. Some are definitely better than others. But by the third one I was completely hooked. I really hope you enjoy them as much as I did. (Should you be in the least bit interested, I reviewed all of them, so you can follow my progress!)

message 4: by Diana S (last edited Oct 31, 2011 09:22PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Diana S Kim wrote: "Diana, after some 14 years of resisting my now adult son nagging me to read the series, I finally gave in a few months ago with the urging of one of my GR groups. I recently finished listening to a..."

OK-I finished the first book, I'm Hooked! I first gave the book 3.5 stars***. Now that I had some time to think about it. I've changed my mind and I'm giving this book 4 stars****. :D

P.S. I'm plan on reading the whole series! ( Don't forget to let your son know that other one got hooked!

message 5: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim I'm glad you liked it, Diana. I didn't like #2 as much as this one, but I loved the third book in the series. The fourth is very long and the rest aren't much shorter ... but once you're hooked, you're hooked!

I will definitely let my son know that there is someone else out there who came to the party late and is having a great time!