Beckie's Reviews > Farsighted

Farsighted by Emlyn Chand

Nov 23, 2011

bookshelves: arc, own, read-for-review-on-blog, ya-misc
Read from November 18 to 20, 2011

I was contacted by the author of Farsighted - Emlyn Chand about a month ago and she asked me to read and review her book for a blog tour she is going to have. After learning more about her book I found the synopsis of Farsighted to be very interested so I decided to give it a go and read the book and I am very pleased that I did. Her book was surprisingly really good. I love that it is not your ordinary paranormal fiction novel. Farsighted takes the paranormal fiction genre to new levels with a fresh, entertaining, and fast paced novel you will love to read over and over again.

Alex Kosmitoras life has never been easy but full of daily challenges. Why? Because he is blind. Alex sees through all of his other senses with are more in tuned because of his loss of sight. Upon going into a new school he meets two girls Simmi and Shapri (both main character's of the book) ,and learns they all share similar "gifts". Alex will come to learn his gifts are more that he ever knew he had when he begins to see visions of the future. Alex is only now to learn that, Simmi the girl who has a major crush on may be in trouble. With Alex's new visions he keeps seing that Simmi will die and he will do anything he can to protect her from this horrible future he sees. Will his "gifts" save the girl he loves or will it be to late?

I found reading Farsighted to be quite refreshing. The book was unlike any other paranormal novel I have read. The whole concept of the book is very unique and like a breath of fresh air - Not your normal paranormal read (Vampires, Fairies, Angel, Werewolfs.) I really enjoyed reading about Alex and his gifts and I have never read a book where the main character is blind. That makes for a very fun, and entertaining book to read. All of the characters in the book both main and secondary were well thought out and very interesting with their own stories which gave Farsighted more depth and personalty. The plot within the book was very fun to read with twist and turns along the way which made for a fast paced read and had to keep turning the page to see what would happen. I could tell the author, Emlyn Chand did her research while writing the book to learn more about blind people and as well as people from India's culture. I would very much recommend Farsighted to the YA crowd as well as adults. If you are looking new to read I would so say to give this book a chance. You will not regret you did.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Farsighted.