Patricia Kemp Blackmon's Reviews > Autumn Song

Autumn Song by Martha   Rogers

Jul 28, 12

bookshelves: author-s-request-review
Read from July 19 to 21, 2012 — I own a copy

Daniel Monroe moves to Porterfield, Texas to set up his Law Office and for an adventure in the wild west. It was a big adjustment for Daniel to move to Texas. The women , especially Kate Muldoon, were more outspoken and independent than what he was accustom to meeting. He was very attracted to her but she was set on being a nurse and not a homemaker. She would get really riled if anyone mentioned she needed to find a husband, settle down and raise a family. She had other plans for her life and it did not include being stuck with household chores and cooking. But Kate could not deny her heart's feelings for Daniel no matter how had she tried to ignore her him.

I noticed in book one of this series that their way of speaking seemed kind of fake and syrupy. But in book two set in Texas it was more relaxed way of speaking more open and outspoken. In book one I just thought it was the way the author wrote. Well it was only because that is the way people of high society spoke in Connecticut during 1880's. But in Texas they had no need to be that formal they were more laid back in there lifestyle. So a person adapts in many ways to there surroundings and geographics.

I enjoyed this book more than book one in the series. Not saying that I didn't enjoy book one because as I stated it was the difference in there society that kind of threw me off. It was a little like My Fair Lady/Man in reverse. In this book opposites attract, Kate and Daniel are somewhat an odd couple. Life will never be boring with Kate. People can be very stubborn sometimes and think they know better than God as to what is good for them or what is in His plans for them. We have to turn it all over to Him.

I definitly recommend Autumn Song (Seaons of the Heart #2) and Summer Dream (Seaons of the Heart #1).

Disclosure
I won a copy of this book provided by the author. I was in no way compensated for this review. It is my own opinion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Autumn Song.

07/20/2012 page 94