Yvonne's Reviews > The Christmas Wedding

The Christmas Wedding by James Patterson

Oct 23, 11

Gabrielle Summerhill is getting married and she’s doing it on Christmas Day!

It’s been three years since Gaby’s husband died. During those three years, their four adult children have gone their separate ways and lived their own lives. It’s been three long years since they all celebrated Christmas together. When Gaby announces her upcoming wedding, she keeps the groom’s name a secret (even the groom doesn’t know) and her family makes plans to spend the holidays together once again.

In the meantime, Gaby’s children have their own problems...

Seth is disappointed when he receives a rejection from his publisher. His live-in girlfriend tries to comfort him, but he still feels like a failure and incomplete.

Emily is married to the perfect, successful doctor. When she is passed over for a partnership in her law firm, she has to rethink her career plans.

Claire’s life is nothing short of a disaster. Her husband is both physically and verbally abusive. She finally has enough and tosses him out the door, but her children are on their dad’s side. This makes things incredibly difficult for Claire.

Lizzie’s husband is terminally ill. She’s by his side every step of the way. Together, they intend to fight the disease.

On Christmas Day, they all put aside their problems and stand by their mother. They are happy for her, but their curiosity increases as they wonder who the lucky groom will be.

This is a touching and emotional read. James Patterson is mostly noted for his thrillers, but he knows the romance genre too. Not to mention that he throws in a few twists along the way. The characters feel like real people with real problems. They are people I truly came to care about.

The storyline flowed beautifully from page to page. I couldn’t put this book down. I wanted to know what would happen next. It’s a fast-paced story with realistic characters. I can honestly say I will miss these characters very much.

FTC Disclosure: A review copy was provided by the publisher in exchange for my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Christmas Wedding.