Kyle's Reviews > Shift

Shift by Jeri Smith-Ready

Nov 05, 11

bookshelves: library, read-in-2011
Read in October, 2011

** spoiler alert ** This is the second book in the Shade series by Jeri Smith-Ready, and I'd heard that this one was even better than Shade. And in fact, it was! I loved it even more than the first one and am really looking forward to book #3, Shine.

I loved that in this book we get to learn even more about the Shift and what caused it. I knew as soon as the Shift was mentioned in Shade that its background and repercussions would be awesome and I was right. I'm so glad Ms. Smith-Ready gave more information about the circumstances surrounding Aura's birth and her parents, whom I was very curious about. I'm hoping there is even more about her parents and Eowyn in Shine. Also, I kind of love the name Eowyn.

I was really glad that there was some positive development with Logan and Aura (I think). I am totally Team Zachary, by the way. No question. I don't want to give too much away, but I definitely like how this book ended in terms of those characters and I can't wait to see what happens next!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shift.