Tabby Kat's Reviews > God Save the Sweet Potato Queens

God Save the Sweet Potato Queens by Jill Conner Browne

Jun 13, 08

bookshelves: the-sweet-potato-queens
Read in June, 2008

What happens when a group of women all named Tammy get together with their fearless ringleader, Jill, and strut down the road in the middle of Jackson, Mississippi wearing green sequined dresses and pink majorette boots during the annual St. Patrick's Day parade? Oh, I'd say a mild case of hysteria at best....
They're called The Sweet Potato Queens and every one wants to be one. Founder of the Queens and author of this book, Jill Conner Browne has given us much insight into the wacky world of Sweet Potato-ness, all while making the rest of us mortals insanely jealous that we didn't think of it first. Read on as Jill gives us advice on dating, marriage, divorce, children, men and acting like a lady -- Sweet Potato style. While not for the tame at heart, one who enjoys bawdy and rated-R humor will most likely devour this book.

God Save the Potato Queens is an excellent follow-up to the pandemonium that is The Sweet Potato Queen's Book of Love. I recommend that you read them in order since the first book's subjects are referred to in the second book, and Jill is not going to review them for you just to save you 12 bucks! An excellent addition to the libraries of Southern fiction fans as well as readers who agree Fritos and margaritas is the fifth major food group. Eat up

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read God Save the Sweet Potato Queens.