Amber's Reviews > Obsidian

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Oct 15, 2011

bookshelves: must-have, arc, netgalley, 2011, favorites, hall-of-fame, alien, ebook-own, get-it-right-away, all-time-favorites
Read from November 08 to 10, 2011

It's nice to read Daemon's POV. He is undeniably hands-down purely made of one big pheromone!

Merged review:

Love!

Merged review:

Powerful.Addicting.Obsidian left me breathless.

Obsidian blew me away. I never in my wildest dreams ever thought I would or could fall head-over-heals in love with a story with aliens. Wipe away everything you have ever thought about aliens from your mind. Obsidian sets a new standard.

BLURB:
Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring…. until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don’t kill him first, that is.

MY THOUGHTS:

This book rocked my socks off. There is action, sexual tension and a profound chemistry that stirs up a whirlwind of emotions. I never wanted this to end. The action was amazing and there were so many jaw-dropping moments, my head was spinning. When I read there were aliens in this, I was thinking the green, big headed, dangly arms kind that have huge bugging eyes. NOT TRUE! The only emerald green you will get are those dreamy Daemon eyes.

The plot was thick and enticing, it draws you in for the taking. The characters were fantastic. I loved them all! Katy, our protagonist was something else. Her personality was awesome. She's a tough minded, strong willed character. One that was admirable. I liked that she wasn't drop dead beautiful or that she came from a wealth of money. She was an average, single parented teen with esteem issues most teens face, which makes her vary relatable and real.

Daemon...oh, this guy sure knows how to infuriate you but at the same time make you fall in love with him over and over and over again. His protective side was seductive and his looks...whew, let's just say he it the total package...six pack and all. He knows how to punch those buttons but make you love him.

I loved Dee. She was beautiful but so real. Her longing for a real, true friend was so captivating.

I loved but hated some of those secondary characters, but what can I say...they were well played and awesome too.

QUOTES:

"God, what I wouldn't do for a piece of that. A Daemon sandwich should be on the menu."

"Holy Hawt Chemistry, Batman!"

"Stalking me again I see. Do I need to get a restraining order?" "In your dreams, Kitten." he smirked. "Oh wait, I'm starring in those, aren't I?" (Commentary between Daemon and Katy)

"Daemon had a sort of rock star entrance with that deadly swagger."

I could go on and on with quotes, but I don't want to ruin it for you. You MUST read Obsidian. Hands down one of my all time fav's this year.

Thank you Netgalley and Entangled publishing for this AMAZING book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Obsidian.

11/09/2011 page 65
24.0% "Oh, this is getting gooood...really gooooddd" 21 comments
11/09/2011 page 119
45.0% "Holy Hawt Chemistry, Batman!!"
11/10/2011 page 203
76.0% "OMG...just kiss her already!!" 4 comments
11/10/2011 page 203
76.0% "OMG, OMG, OMG"
11/10/2011 page 224
84.0% "I'm totally melting.....*sigh*"

Comments (showing 1-26)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Alexa Awesome review, Amber! I just finished the book as well. Can't wait to read the next one. :)

Amber Thank you :) Gosh, I can't wait for the next book. I seriously am going to read this again. I loved it!

Arlene I really really want this book. Great review Amber. :)

Amber Arlene wrote: "I really really want this book. Great review Amber. :)"

Arlene, I loved everything about this book. If I had an actual copy, i'd send it overnight wrapped in a shining emerald green ribbon for you. :)

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko Awesome review!!!! Now I really want to read this. You need to read Half Blood by Jennifer Arementrout you will love it. I am almost finished. ***shakes hands and flashes the bird*** LOL

~Tina~ This actually hurt to read your review hun!
GAH!! I want this book!!!

Great review:)

Amber ~Tina~ wrote: "This actually hurt to read your review hun!
GAH!! I want this book!!!

Great review:)"

Oh, Teeny. Don't hurt..*pats your back* it will be okay. I hope you can read it soon.

@JoJo~ *stocks tongue out* lol
I put half blood on my secret Santa wish list :) If I don't get it, I will buy it right away. (Pure torture)

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko @Amber you are going to wait that long?? ***throws hands up in the air in digust***

~Tina~ Amber just let me know and I'll send you my copy of Half Blood to read. I'm in no hurry to get it back since I wont read it again till Pure comes out:) Let me know.

Amber ~Tina~ wrote: "Amber just let me know and I'll send you my copy of Half Blood to read. I'm in no hurry to get it back since I wont read it again till Pure comes out:) Let me know."

Oh Teeny...I'm so tempted....*bites nails*

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko I would be happy to send you both of my books as well.... I don't want you to have to wait forever. you will love it.

Amber Aw, you ladies are so sweet *blushes* I'll think about it for sure. Thank you :)

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko Let me know I would be happy to do the honors.

♥Rachel♥ Oooh, can't wait for this one! I've been lusting over this. Maybe drooling a bit now after your review! :)

Amber Rachel wrote: "Oooh, can't wait for this one! I've been lusting over this. Maybe drooling a bit now after your review! :)"

Rachel, It is fantastic. I do hope you enjoy it. But I think I already know you will :)

Amber JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) wrote: "Let me know I would be happy to do the honors."

Thank you! :) I'll let you know. I have a few books waiting for me to get to. But maybe after :)

Michelle Griep Thanks for the recommendation, Amber. I trust your taste. I've put it on my to-read list and will see about getting my hands on a copy.

Amber Michelle wrote: "Thanks for the recommendation, Amber. I trust your taste. I've put it on my to-read list and will see about getting my hands on a copy."

Michelle,This one will have you all sorts of excited! LOL

Michelle Griep Yippee! Can't wait for the ride. Thanks for thinking of me.

Amber Michelle wrote: "Yippee! Can't wait for the ride. Thanks for thinking of me."

Oh, I can't wait to hear your commentary on this one! LOL

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko Just got my copy in the mail yesterday!!!!! I am super excited to read it. Now I have to find the time.

Amber JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) wrote: "Just got my copy in the mail yesterday!!!!! I am super excited to read it. Now I have to find the time."

Yay! Here's my warning...once you start...you can't stop!! LOL Yes, it's that good!

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko Oh I can't wait!!! Perhaps it will be a weekend read.

Amber A Novella is in the process....I want it now!!!

♥Rachel♥ Amber I liked your review before but I just wanted to say congrats on having it mentioned on the Kindle version as advanced praise. It references your blog! Way to go! :)

Amber Rachel wrote: "Amber I liked your review before but I just wanted to say congrats on having it mentioned on the Kindle version as advanced praise. It references your blog! Way to go! :)"

Aw, thank you Rachel! How nice of you to mention that :) I was speechless when I had heard of this. It was defenetly a special surprise!!