Lauren Fidler's Reviews > Elmo's Big Lift-And-look Book

Elmo's Big Lift-And-look Book by Joe Mathieu

2072335
Oct 15, 11

bookshelves: bedtime-for-bonzo, childrens, early-reader, educational, elementary, fiona-made-me-do-it
Read in October, 2011

oh, fiona, and your endless love for elmo. when will it ever end?

of all our elmo books - and we have a ton - this one is my favorite. it's less about "reading" and more about looking. there are cute sections based on numbers, alphabet, shapes, colors, etc. fiona has a particular fondness for the trapezoids and ovals, and the number page is so well-loved that several doors and windows are missing their "doors".

my only real complaint, in fact, is that the book is not particularly sturdy. we definitely lost the first flap during our first reading.

what can i say? that fiona is an enthusiastic young reader.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Elmo's Big Lift-And-look Book.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Fidler i love that you reviewed this book. and that you made mention of the "well-loved" and "missing" doors.

Lauren Fidler i figure if you read a children's book more than 24 times, upon the 25th reading, you get to review it. because then it's almost the length of a book. or short story. or wordy poem by some romantic poet.