Victoria's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

“Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love.” (You're such a wise man, Dumbledore.)

A million of stars will never be enough to rate this book.

No Spoilers! (I promise!)

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is by far, my favorite book of the entire series. Hands down. I'm very, VERY happy I come to the end of the series, but also sad since the series is over now. It was my 2012 summer goal and I have finally accomplished it! With help and support from my dear friends, Keertana, Jordyn, Inge, and Olivia, they all convinced me to keep reading the series and assured me that the series will keep getting better and it did! This book changed me...It had changed me in a postive way. It's one of those books that changed me and make a lasting impression upon your life. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows suprised me, made me laugh, and made me weep silent tears for an hour. There's never a single book that can changed me and I'm proud to say this is the 1st life-changers book. Why didn't I read this sooner?! Everybody gave raving and positive reviews on it, but crazy me ignored it. I'm very happy that I read the entire series. It has been one hell of a ride! :D I predict in the future when I'm old and wrinkly, I will still read this series over again and again...

The characters again were smart, cunning, and well-developed from beginning to end. Lots of tragic deaths has occured in this book which will impacted lots of readers, but I'm not going to name names because it will spoiled the story for those who haven't read the series. My favorite character would have to be Snape besides Harry and his friends. I finally get to see his good/evil intentions present in the last installment. The word "Always" that Snape said had shown a new light in its name. This finale shows us that even the evil (bad) guys have good intentions as well and can be refer as the good guy in some cases. Snape is one of them. The ending to the book was spectacular and unforgettable to a remarkable series. The action was fast-paced and very addicting. You will find in no time you'll finish this book sooner than expected! Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is just so epic! :) Enough, said.

Overall, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is a phenomenal. It will always engages readers and give us a sense of belonging and emotions that follow with it. I will never forget this series because it had brought possiblities to a new light and changed me in a very, very good way. (I'm almost certain it will change others as well) And for that, I will always be eternally grateful. Thank you, J.K Rowling, for writing such a phenomenal series, one that readers all over the world will never forget and will treasure beyond all else....

P.S Plus, a box of tissues would be helpful to read this book....:(

I STRONGLY encourage reading this series if you HAVEN'T AlREADY! YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!

And last, my contribution to Snape...

(Thanks Snape.)

______________________________________

If you want to read my previous reviews of 1st-6th books of Harry Potter, just click the link below.
-Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone's review
-Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets's review
-Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban's review
-Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire's review
-Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix's review
-Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince's review

Quotes Victoria Liked

J.K. Rowling
“Albus Severus," Harry said quietly, so that nobody but Ginny could hear, and she was tactful enough to pretend to be waving to Rose, who was now on the train, "you were named for two headmasters of Hogwarts. One of them was a Slytherin and he was probably the bravest man I ever knew.”

J.K. Rowling
“Dumbledore watched her fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears.
"After all this time?"
"Always," said Snape.”

J.K. Rowling
“It is a curious thing, Harry, but perhaps those who are best suited to power are those who have never sought it. Those who, like you, have leadership thrust upon them, and take up the mantle because they must, and find to their own surprise that they wear it well.”

J.K. Rowling
“Snape's patronus was a doe,' said Harry, 'the same as my mother's because he loved her for nearly all of his life, from when they were children.”

08/18/2012 page 1
0.0% "Yay! I'm finally on the the last book of the series! Can't wait to read this!" 3 comments
08/20/2012 page 200
08/21/2012 page 322
42.0% "Very interesting and very good right now!"
08/22/2012 page 500
66.0% "Wow, lots of action and heart-pounding scenes! And the Death Eaters killed Dobby! He did not deserve to end like this...:("
08/23/2012 page 571
75.0% "Yay, Neville is back!"
08/24/2012 page 759
100.0% "A beautiful ending to a spectacular series. ;)"
show 7 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sarah Marie Great review! I honestly don't think I'll ever be able to read this series though. I tried but I couldn't get into the writing style. Maybe one day I will be able to give the series another shot, but until then I'll just cherish the movies.

Livvy Awww, so glad you enjoyed these books so much and can share the love of Harry Potter! *jumps about*

message 3: by Victoria (last edited Sep 02, 2012 02:12PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Victoria Sarah Marie wrote: "Great review! I honestly don't think I'll ever be able to read this series though. I tried but I couldn't get into the writing style. Maybe one day I will be able to give the series another shot, b..."

Thank you, Sarah Marie! :D Well, I think everyone should give it a try at this book at least once in their lifetime and go from there on. You should definitely try someday. Let me know your thoughts! ;)

Victoria Olivia *^*A Nerdy Girl*^* wrote: "Awww, so glad you enjoyed these books so much and can share the love of Harry Potter! *jumps about*"

Yes, I'm very happy that I enjoy these books. :D In the near future when I'm reading some crappy books, I will pick up these books again and read it over and over again....

Victoria Sam wrote: "After this book, the word 'always' had a whole new meaning to me. :) Great review, Victoria!"

Thank you, Sam! Yes, I agree with you, Sam. After reading this book, I will always treasure the word "always". It has given a new light it its name.

Inge Yay, I get a mention in your review! Honestly, I'm so glad that you enjoyed it so much! It's thrilling, isn't it? :D And I love your review. It captures the essence of the books perfectly <3

Livvy Ahhh, well I hope you enjoy the books if you ever re-read them! :) And always is definitely a word not to be looked at in the same light again, I agree! :)

Victoria Inge *Exams* wrote: "Yay, I get a mention in your review! Honestly, I'm so glad that you enjoyed it so much! It's thrilling, isn't it? :D And I love your review. It captures the essence of the books perfectly <3"

Awww...thanks Inge! :D Yes, I'm very happy too. ;)

Victoria Olivia *^*A Nerdy Girl*^* wrote: "Ahhh, well I hope you enjoy the books if you ever re-read them! :) And always is definitely a word not to be looked at in the same light again, I agree! :)"

I know I will. ;)

message 10: by Maia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maia That's right Victoria. (This is NOT sarcasm.)

Ninza I LITERALLY AGREE WITH EVERY SENTENCE YOU HAVE JUST SAID. WOW, THANK YOU FOR DISPLAYING MY OWN FEELINGS IN YOUR WORDS.