Victoria's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling

Warning: There will be spoilers present in this review.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix was a deeply-moving, touching, and suprising book with plenty of twists from beginning to end. It wasn't a suprise to me that every book I've read in HP series thus far, has made on my list of favorites. J.K Rowling keeps writing books that I've always wanted and look in a book. I don't know how she has done it, but it's a truly a gift.

In the 5th book, we get to see Harry has truly grown increasingly mature and developed throughout the novel. Yes, he has gotten a bit of a temper which can annoyed the hell out of readers, but I can truly understand his anger and frustration. I can understand his temper because every teenager has reach a point in their lifetime where they began feeling these emotions. (I know I did) J.K Rowling did a successful job, on potraying realistic emotions of Harry and has shown his true light in the ending.

This book is by far the longest book out of the whole entire series, but it's definitely worth it because there are lots of plot twists, hidden info, action scenes, and lots of parts where we least expected. It also includes a mystery and lots of hidden clues that I've come to love.

In this book, we get to see the secondary characters began developing and as well as their character/personality began heightening. We see their potential, skills, and cunning and wit in battles. The secondary characters which included Ginny, Luna, and Neville all have major parts in the story which made them very likeable and unforgettable. It's truly amazing in every way.

I never thought I would say this, but I feel very sorry for Snape because of his sad past that was revealed in the middle of the book. Snape has always been on my list of hated characters of Harry Potter, but that quickly changes when I've seen his good intentions. I have a good feeling I'll be seeing more of that soon.

Sirius's tragic death has affected me in more ways than one. He did not deserve to end like this. His death had made me feel numb, sad, and stayed in a corner for a day, reflecting on his death and how it had affected Harry and myself. He was like a father-figure to Harry and to see this unfortunate accident happen to him was just inevitable. Sirius was one of my favorite characters, but I wasn't anticpating for this. I can't imagine what Harry feels, but I deeply feel for him since he has now lost his only godfather. R.I.P Sirius and we will be greatly missing you for your courage, bravery, and kindness to others.

Lots of showdowns/duels take places between Dumbledore and Voldemort and Harry with Death Eaters. There were a lot of scenes where adreneline was bursting inside me and I was clutching the book, madly flipping the pages to know what happen next. It was just so good! (I know I keep saying that, but you get my point!)

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix will always be one of my favorite books out of HP series. It will always be on my shelf that will make a lasting impression on mine.

Now, I'm onto reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and finish from there on.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

Quotes Victoria Liked

J.K. Rowling
“Just because you have the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have.”
J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

J.K. Rowling
“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

08/06/2012 page 1
08/07/2012 page 101
12.0% "Must read faster! I'm trying to attempt reading 200 pages per day so I can finish it and read the next book." 4 comments
08/08/2012 page 282
32.0% "Harry grows more angrier and moody in the 5th book. It's starting to annoy the hell out of me. And Professor Umbridge is a whole new story. I used tp think Snape was my least favorite character of HP series, but now I've another character that deserve to be on my #1 list of hated characters of HP."
08/08/2012 page 282
32.0% "Harry grows more angrier and moodier in the 5th book. It's starting to annoy the hell out of me. And Professor Umbridge is a whole new story. I used to think Snape was my least favorite character of HP series, but now I have another character who deserves to be on my #1 list of hated characters of HP." 3 comments
08/09/2012 page 501
58.0% "My poor eye aches from reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix early in the morning and reading about Harry's constant temper and lashing out in front of people. I'm not really liking this book as I had hope to. I'll try to read some more later in the day."
08/10/2012 page 784
90.0% "Poor Snape. :( I always thought I would hate Snape, but now my feelings has changed toward him. I feel so bad for him. And now I'm at the part where Bellatrix and Lucius Malfoy are cornering Harry and his friends. Finally, the book starts picking up some important information. Can't wait to read more!" 3 comments
08/10/2012 page 805
93.0% "Poor Sirius! :( age did not deserve to end like this...."
08/10/2012 page 805
93.0% "Poor Sirius. :( He did not deserve to end like this!"
show 9 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Keertana YES, YES, YES, YES, YESSS! I can't wait to see what you think of this one! :D

Victoria Yes, I can't wait to read this one! :) I'm so excited!

Inge Whoop whoop! :D

Victoria Guys, I might not finish this since I have to return this book this Saturday. Apparently, many people wants this book and I can't renew it to a certain amount of days. I might have to skip this one and read Book 6 and will come back to this later. Sorry! :(

Inge Whaat? No, you can't skip books now, lots of important information is given at the end! :(

Victoria I KNOW!! :( But lots of people want this book, but I will put a hold on this one as soon as I return it.

Keertana Waiiit, if you skip this one and read HP6 you'll read waaay too many spoilers. Plus, you won't understand a lot of the more important stuff... :/ I'd suggest either try to read a LOT or just wait till you can properly read this one before starting the next one. It'll definitely ruin the experience for you.

Victoria Oh, god. -_- You know I could try reading 200 pages per day and then I can actually finish this one. I'm not sure I'll be finish in time though. I hate that many people wants this book and I just read on my library account that many of the books are missing. The problem is that I can renew Book 6 and 7, but not this one. I don't have any other books to read besides those books. And it will take 2 weeks for me to get this book again. -_-

Keertana Well, the good thing about Harry Potter is that it isn't a chore to read it. I'm surprised so many people want it though, especially since it feels like most people have already read them all. You skipped Chamber of Secrets didn't you? You could always go back and read that if you're unable to finish this one and just pick up some other stuff in between. You can definitely go ahead and read HP6, but I'm not sure if you'll understand everything and HP5 is where a loot of important stuff happens. It's up to you though - I've always read them in order, so I'm not sure how confusing or not it'll be.

message 10: by Victoria (last edited Aug 06, 2012 11:19AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Victoria Yes, I've skipped Chamber of Secrets and I will be reading it soon. The good thing is that it's short and I can finish it in 2-3 days. No, I will follow your adive and I'll be patient and wait for HP#5 to come to me in 2 weeks and then finish from then on. I'll pick up other books to read to pass the time.

Keertana Yup, that sounds like a good plan if you can't finish it. I know Inge managed to finish it in a week and so did I, so it's definitely doable! Good Luck!(:

message 12: by Inge (new) - rated it 5 stars

Inge I finished it in about a week, yes, but there were days where I was only able to read a chapter a day or something. Most chapters are about 20 pages, so you fly through the book.

Keertana YESSS! YOU LIKED IT! :D *does happy dance* I told you it was awesomeee! ;)

Victoria *hugs you back* Keertana, you're an awesome friend! :D Thank you so muhc for urging me to read this book! ;) THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Keertana Aww, thanks Victoria!(: You're an amazing friend as well and I am SO glad you're enjoying this series - and this book especially - so much! I feel as if I am living vicariously through you and experiencing the joy and elation of reading the Harry Potter Series for the first time all over again, so really it is I who should be thanking you! I can't wait to see what you think of the Half-Blood Prince! :D

Victoria You're most welcome, Keertana! ;) I especially love the ending when showdowns/duels and the action began to start. And Dumbledore is such a great wizard. In fact, he's one of my favorite characters of HP. He's so wise, bad-ass, and just awesome.

These days after I've finish boook 5, I feel very nostalgic and depressed since I'm about to approach the end of the series soon as of reading the series for the 1st time. I don't ever want to leave the series, you know? It's just so good!

Keertana I loved the conversation between Harry and Dumbledore at the end of the book - it captured their complex student-teacher relationship perfectly! Plus, action is always awesomeee!(:

I know exactly what you mean! I remember reading the seventh book so slowly and just savoring every word of it when I first read it, but if it's any consolation, every re-read is just as magical! I still suffer from Post-Potter Depression, so if a Potters Anonymous ever opens up near you, I'll be the first to enroll! I manage to relate nearly everything to Harry Potter, so it's almost become a way of living for me. It's such a phenomenal series though, so I perfectly understand what you're going through!(:

Victoria I'm glad I'm not the only one who is suffering throught Post-Potter depression. I really don't want the books to end. As a matter of fact, I'm slowly reading the 6th book and maybe just buying my time, so I can still relish and stay in the world. I might come back to read my favorite scenes again and again. I just don't want to ever leave the world. I'm really glad you understand.

By the way, have you finish your re-read of all books of Harry Potter yet? I've seen you've been reading other books beside that, so I take it you have re-read the series.

Keertana Yes, I know all about Post-Potter Depression - I've suffered through it for yearss! Our re-read is supposed to finish at the end of summer, so Inge is a little ahead and has already started DH, I'm on track and am nearing the end of HBP, and some other people are still on HP4 or 5, but we just wanted to make a group to discuss the books and what-not, so it's fun! I've been reading a looot of other books too, so HP is something I read every night. It's nice to not rush through the books since I'm dying to know what happens but to just cherish them as they are...it's a lot of fun!(:

message 20: by Inge (new) - rated it 5 stars

Inge I'm really glad you finished this and enjoyed it nonetheless! It's hard not to enjoy this series though ;) I did tell you you would warm up to Snape, just wait, just keep reading and you'll be in for the surprise of a lifetime! J.K. Rowling is very skilled like that.. well, I won't say no more ;)

Yes, I'm a bit ahead, but I did what Keertana told me to and read three books between HP6 and HP7, I just really wanted to start the last one! <3