Victoria's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling

Spoilers. Spoilers.

Unlike all the previous books, the 6th book of the Harry Potter series proved to be a much more darker and emotional book. Again just like the other books, there are lots of plot twists, mysteries that Harry and his friends have to uncover, heart-pounding action at the end, and Harry's character development starts heightening from beginning to end. This book made me laugh, cry, and scared me, but it was all worth it. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was unforgettable and one of the best books out of the series. It wasn't a suprise to me that I end up loving it.

Harry,now 16, goes back into people's pasts to learn and understand Voldemort's past. Dumbledore helped him with the past of the Dark lord as they tried to piece together the hidden information of Voldemort which will help Harry to conquer and defeat the dark lord. Harry is also convinced that Malfoy is hiding something and during most of the book, he tried to find out what Malfoy is up to.

Dumbledore's death at the end was the most devastating part in the entire series. Dumbledore has always been one of my most favorite and admirable characters. He was like a devoted grandfather-figure to Harry. He's always protective, patient, kind, and wise to Harry and to everyone around him. He helps Harry piece together the hidden piece of Voldemort's past. His death has truly affected me more than Sirius, to be honest. As Harry witnessed the incident when Snape killed him, I couldn't help, but feel a great deal of remorse for Harry. R.I.P Dumbledore and we will be missing you for your kindness, devotion and help to others, and your wise words to others and everyone around you.

Overall, this has been a great ride from beginning to end. Harry Potter's fans will tear through these pages in no time.

Now I'm onto the last book of the series! Yay! :)

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

08/13/2012 page 60
9.0% 7 comments
08/14/2012 page 218
33.0% "I love learning the hidden past of Voldemort. :) Very interesting..."
08/15/2012 page 318
49.0% "I think this is the book where hormones are starting to evade the teenager's minds."
08/17/2012 page 539
83.0% "Finally, I got to the part where Harry and Dumbledore find the missing piece to Voldemort's history. It's very intriguing and horrifying at the same time...

Hopefully, I will finish this book today or by earlies, tomorrow..."
08/17/2012 page 539

Hopefully, I will finish this book today or by earliest, tomorrow..."
08/17/2012 page 539
83.0% "Oh my god. S-Snape has killed Dumbledore... *sobs* I can't believes this!"
08/17/2012 page 612
94.0% "Oh my god. S-Snape h-has killed Dumbledore... *sobs* I can't believe this!! I will never forgive Snape for what he had done! Never...ever"
show 4 hidden updates…