Sue's Reviews > Amadeus, Trust No One!

Amadeus, Trust No One! by Geoffrey Brokos

Oct 29, 11

Read in October, 2011

I won this book through Goodreads Giveaway.I really didn't know what to expect.I can sum up this book is by what the author himself writes in his "About the Author" segment in the back. "I really only put this here to make the book longer and so hot chicks will believe that I actually wrote this book." The book starts off alright, but I felt the book was rushed. The premise is actually a fun one. A man (Phil aka Amadeus Benedict aka Gavin Forrester) is elisted by a friend who works for the FBI to investigate a potential bomb at Disney Land. Saul Wu assigned a case to Phil which involved looking for an explosive device.Phil would need to cut his long hair and wear a disguise.He was to be given a tracking device which locates materials normally found in explosives.Saul would watch Phil on his laptop in a SWAT van through Phil's contact camera lenses.Phil would be taking the identity of a transferring security guard so he would be considered an employee. The story jumps around, the pacing is FAR too fast to flesh out any of the characters other than Phil. The only saving grace is the ending. It does tie everything together. The writer has potential as his story is pretty well outside the box but he needs to work on actually making his characters deeper and the interactions feel more meaningful.I liked the art work at the beginning of some of the chapters.It was an Okay read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Amadeus, Trust No One!.