Deviant Geek's Reviews > Stardust

Stardust by Neil Gaiman

Oct 21, 11

bookshelves: adventure, fairy, fiction, magic, paranormal-romance, favorites, hard-copy
Read from October 15 to 22, 2011

My rule is: never read a book if you watched the movie..
I don't like reading something I know the plot and the end result. But I'm glad I read this

This is one of my favorite faerie stories. And without trying to contradict myself. The movie made me want to read the book. Yes, to me it was THAT good. And I'm glad

Yes the idea of the book is essentially the same but it's more lovable, as usual the movie contained "good conquering evil and love wins above all" with dramatic and brief ending. I don't wish to spoil it but the story was sanded on the edges and came softer. More peaceful. And it really made you live with the story. And you feel that it goes on. Even with you fold the book and put it a side.

The author is a wicked magicians. I've been captured, forever

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stardust.

10/21/2011 page 233

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fahad (new)

Fahad Always wanted to read this book. Neil Gaiman is wonderful when he writes fantasy. Enjoy it and check out the movie if you haven't seen it already :)

Deviant Geek Fahad wrote: "Always wanted to read this book. Neil Gaiman is wonderful when he writes fantasy. Enjoy it and check out the movie if you haven't seen it already :)"

It's the movie that made me wanna read the book. It was so good. So magical. I thought that the book will be better for sure! And it is :)

message 3: by Fahad (new)

Fahad I'm glad u enjoyed it. I would definitely suggest more book by Neil Gaiman; Good Omens and The Graveyard Book are favourite of mine :)