Nadine Larter's Reviews > How to Be Good

How to Be Good by Nick Hornby

Oct 15, 11

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Be Good.

Quotes Nadine Liked

Nick Hornby
“Love, it turns out, is as undemocratic as money, so it accumulates around people who have plenty of it already: the sane, the healthy, the lovable.”

Nick Hornby
“Phone calls like ours only happen when you've spent several years hurting and being hurt, until every work you utter or hear becomes coded and loaded, as complicated and full of subtext as a bleak and brilliant play.”

Nick Hornby
“It seems to me now that the plain state of being human is dramatic enough for anyone; you don't need to be a heroin addict or a performance poet to experience extremity. You just have to love someone.”

Nick Hornby
“It is the act of reading itself that I miss, the opportunity to retreat further and further from the world until I have found some space, some air that isn't stale, that hasn't been breathed by my family a thousand times already.”

Nick Hornby
“I don't believe in Heaven or anything. But I want to be the kind of person that qualifies for entry anyway.”

Nick Hornby
“The plain state of being human is dramatic enough for anyone; you don't need to be a heroin addict or a performance poet to experience extremity. You just have to love someone.”