Jay Jessmer's Reviews > Buried Prey

Buried Prey by John Sandford

May 23, 12

Read from May 20 to 24, 2012

** spoiler alert ** This one quickly cracked my "Top 5" Davenport reads!! LOVED the flashback sequence. Super cool to "meet" the young Lucas, Del, Daniel and even Randy Whitcomb.
The pacing was frenetic as always, had just enough twists to keep you guessing and really liked the whole thing with Dave Pirner from Soul Asylum.
HOWEVER, I almost held out on the 5th star because in 21 "Prey" novels, haven't read "Stolen Prey" yet, this is the first time I ever got pissed and questioned a Sandford decision. HE FREAKING KILLED OFF MARCY?!?!?!?!?! I was stunned. She was one of my favorite characters. I just never saw that coming. It always makes great reading when something unexpected happens, and you kind of feel like all bets are off and no one is safe, but I LOVED THIS GIRL! I'm still in denial. It just seems unfair. She kicked butt to get where she was, and always had Lucas' back. She deserved a happy ending down the road. It did add that extra dimension of Lucas coming close to slipping over the edge again, but it's still a bummer.
That being said, Sandford just never loses steam. I know that the end is in sight, and I will mourn when we have read the last of Lucas' adventures. In the meantime, i will enjoy every chapter we have left!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Buried Prey.

05/20/2012 page 39