Korynn's Reviews > Come Love a Stranger

Come Love a Stranger by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss

May 15, 08

bookshelves: romance

For those of you who adore romance about unmarried folk this is not the book for you. There are no moments of virginity nearly torn asunder until the final glorious consummation. We are given a protagonist in a woman without a name, who cannot remember anything(a old fiction standby). We have a man who is only too happy to name her his lost wife. They are, of course, both stunningly gorgeous people and are attracted to each other. But, the twist is, there is another man who is only to happy to name her his lost wife. At which point our protagonist only too clearly becomes an airhead. She claims she wants to find the truth - by abandoning the man she prefers. Then a long horrible period during which they both deny their need to be together in the face of her second husband who they both dislike. This results in such ridiculous scenarios that romance abounds with like public bathing scenes and woman-in-boys-clothes-and-oops-my-shirt-rips. The whole mess falls out in one of those epic scenes with everyone captive and threatened by the villainous second husband who explains his evil scheme (in this case, stealing the protagonist from her husband, convincing her he's dead and then marrying her himself so he could have her and her money, only she got away before the consummation, and really, raping her would have made more sense)and everyone is saved by the police. Whoop. Not painful, but not very good.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Come Love a Stranger.