Jennifer (a.k.a The Book Nympho)'s Reviews > Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: The Laughing Corpse, Volume 1: Animator

Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter by Laurell K. Hamilton

Oct 15, 11

Read from October 14 to 15, 2011

I really enjoyed the early Anita Blake novels so I'm reliving them through the graphic novels. The story is the same as the book for The Laughing Corpse but the artwork makes the characters come to live in a new way for me.

While reading the books I never really pictured the gory scenes in great detail so the way the artists bring to scenes to life in the graphic novel is really glory and I feel as though I'm watching a horror movie.
By Hamilton's description of Jean Claude in books, I never thought of him as sexy looking but seeing him drawn.....S E X Y. In the books I always thought of a French drag queen with all the leather and lace. But it works in this media.

I love revisiting the kiss ass Anita of the early books through the graphic novels. Here's hoping that we get to see more of her in the future books.

I recommend The Laughing Corpse to all Anita fans and fans of graphic novels that has a little gore in it. With Halloween around the corner it's perfect quick read.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter.