Lynsey • The Demon Librarian's Reviews > Lothaire

Lothaire by Kresley Cole

5112089
Jan 20, 12

bookshelves: vampire-ific, werewolf-tastic, rotflmao, mythology, magic-tastic, bad-ass-dude
Read from January 18 to 20, 2012 — I own a copy

Ah, Lothaire. You were everything I had hoped and dreaded you would be. And Ellie couldn't have been more perfect, and more of a contrast to you if she'd tried. I absolutely loved it!

At this point in the series (Book 11) I am completely comfortable with Kresley Cole's fun, quirky and sexy world of vampires, werewolves, Valkyries and more. It's an incredibly expansive group of creatures from myth brought to life in the most entertaining (and, did I mention sexy?) way possible. It's like my guilty pleasure series that I refuse to actually feel guilty about. Ms Cole could re-write the phone book and I'd probably read that, too. She is one seriously creative lady. And boy, does she know how to write a sex scene! *fans self*

I'm glad Lothaire retained much of his personality. His Lothaire-ness. It would have been a shame to completely lose the Enemy of Old. I mean, he's just so bad it's good, you know? I found myself grinning and shaking my head at some of his behaviour during this book. I tried to read another book recently with a "bad boy" in it and I wanted to stab him. Lothaire was undoubtedly worse in every conceivable way and yet I forgive him because it's so over-the-top that you can't actually digest what he just said/did or take it too seriously. Plus, it's all delivered in a very humorous way of course.

Ellie- wow- I think she might be one of my favourite IAD females to date. And there have been some seriously cool and wacky chicks in this series! Her dialogue had me roaring, and poor old "Leo" just didn't know how to handle her at all. It was sooooo good!

There seemed to be a little bit of setting up for the spin-off at one point if I'm not mistaken, which I will of course be reading. Beats the phone book idea. It's to be called the Realm of Blood and Mist series and the first book is entitled: Shadow's Claim. As if Ms Cole hasn't got enough plot twists, time line overlaps and slowly developing romantic pairings to deal with in the main series, she needs a spin-off too? She is crazy talented in the imagination department. Ms Cole, I salute thee, and look forward to whatever comes next.

Originally Reviewed for Urban Fantasy Book Reviews
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lothaire.

Quotes Lynsey Liked

Kresley Cole
“I never knew I could hate someone as deeply as I do you.”
“I often help others discover the outer limits of their hatred. It’s a talent of mine.”

“I’m so sleepy.”
“My beautiful girl, dawn nears. And all good vampires are to bed.”
She eased up, arching a brow at him. “Then you’ll stay awake.”

Kresley Cole
“(Nix and Lothaire conversing)
"Have you no mate, female?” he’d asked, intrigued with her, though she was his natural enemy.

“I was betrothed to Loki for a time. Which did not proceed smoothly for obvious reasons. So for now I am an unrepentant manizer.” At Lothaire’s blank look, she’d said, “That will be amusing in the twenty-first century.”

Kresley Cole
“I have an idea. Let's take off our clothes and fool around on the settee. If I trip and fall and land smack-dab on your cock, then it won't be your fault.”

Kresley Cole
“His debtors always assumed he'd demand their firstborn. Like I'm fucking Rumpelstiltskin? What would Lothaire do with countless squalling babes? Raise them in a kennel?”

Kresley Cole
“You are so naive, it physically aggrieves me.”

01/20/2012
60.0% "Current thoughts: Ellie is hilarious. Lothaire is an ass but I love him and Thadias is so darn cute!"
01/20/2012
60.0% "Holy shit! What did she do?!!!"

Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ LOL...well i cant wait to see what u think of this one!

Lynsey   • The Demon Librarian I'm scared of chapter 49 because of you! lol