Regina's Reviews > Ironskin

Oct 30, 12

it was ok
bookshelves: 2012, steampunk, romance, paranormal, re-telling
Read from October 29 to 30, 2012

err im not sure what was going on. this was such an odd book. i know it was based off the original Jane Eyre and there was a lot of parallels with that novel but this retelling just fell short of good. For one the romance was extremely forced. They fell in love despite having the most minimal interactions with each other? what? i feel like Tina Connolly forced them together for the sake of the plot and i found myself rolling my eyes at every "romantic" scene they had together. I found Jane's interactions with Dorie the daughter much more interesting but even that was not enough to save this book for me. There was so much potential. I even liked Jane. She is kinda awesome despite the horrible romance. I just didnt like anyone else really...except maybe ms. poule cause shes badass too. I wished Edward Rochart died because if i were Jane i wouldve hated his ass after what he did to her. If Edward died we could've had another love interest in book 2. Now i look forward to the second book even less! Yes i am reading book 2 despite my "meh" reaction to this one because i am a sucker for faerie stories and awesome heroines even if the romance and plot suck.

pre-reading:

Omg! Jane Eyre, faeries, and steampunk all in one book?? i HAVE to get my hands on this. It sounds EPIC!
Just imagine:
description
description
[image error]
I can't wait!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ironskin.

10/29/2012 page 59
19.0% "dont like the daughter so far even though shes 5. i applaud Jane for her patience cause i wouldve lost it long ago. not sure what to think of the father yet either...we shall see if this turns out epic or a flop"
10/30/2012 page 188
61.0% "insta-love much? or i dunno what the relationship even is"
10/30/2012 page 212
69.0% "what the! how did she come to that conclusion?? worst romance epiphany ever..."