Donna {Book Passion for Life}'s Reviews > My Soul to Save

My Soul to Save by Rachel Vincent

Nov 15, 11

bookshelves: for-review, from-publishers, ya-paranormal-romance
Read from November 12 to 13, 2011

After reading Rachel Vincent’s My Soul to Take I eagerly dived straight into My Soul to Save, the second book in The Soul Screamers Series. And although I enjoyed it, I have quite mixed feelings about it because I don’t feel it was as good as the first.

My Soul to Save see’s Kaylee and Nash take on another dangerous journey, when they go to concert and watch a famous singer drop dead on the stage. The problem is Kaylee doesn’t wail like she normally does and she quickly realises it is because the singer has no soul; the singer has sold her soul to become rich and famous. Soon Kaylee and Nash with the help from Tod, find out that Tod’s ex-girlfriend is the next one to loose her life and they go on a mission to try and reclaim her soul.

This is a hard review for me to write because like I said, I did enjoy it but not as much as the first. The problem is, I can’t quite put my finger on why I didn’t because the story was still excellently written and there were plenty of twists and turns. I did find it a tad predictable at times but then the ending was a bit of shocker, so it definitely had its highs and lows. I think the main problem was I didn’t enjoy the characters as much this time around. In My Soul to Take we seen Kaylee trying to save the people around her that she knew and loved but with this one, I didn’t have any real connection to Addison because we don’t really know her, therefore I really didn’t care what happened to her. I know that sounds bad but it’s true. I guess I would have liked to have gotten to know her more as a character rather than just the dying girl that everyone was trying to save.

What I did really like in this book was how Kaylee and Nash’s relationship developed. I loved that things were hotting up and it was truly frustrating at times with Tod popping up out of no where but I enjoyed it and I can’t wait to see more. I also liked that we got to know Tod a bit more too. We got to see the softer side of him but with the events of this book, we also seen a more dangerous side too and I’m eager to find out more.

Overall, I’m still looking forward to continuing this series and I can not wait to start the next few books in the series.

Thank you to Mira for giving me the opportunity to review this book.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Soul to Save.

11/12/2011 page 2
11/13/2011 page 150
41.0% 3 comments
show 1 hidden update…

Kristin Just finished myself and I completely agree with you! You said it so well!

Donna {Book Passion for Life} Thanks Kristin. Glad your starting the series. Even though this one wasn't my favourite, it was good but the next few books are even better! I can't wait to see your thoughts on book 4!