Eunice's Reviews > The Iron Knight

The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa

5 of 5 stars

I would just simply say this book is perfect. No more of those nuclear bombs of adjectives describing how great the book is, just simply perfect. Reading a final book of a series has always made me feel a little anxious, well of course I do get excited and giddy too, but there would always be the feeling that I might not get satisfied in the end, and surely its effects on me will be devastating. But thank goodness, Julie Kagawa knows how to make a proper ending, especially for such a great series.

While reading this book, I was like 'Oh god, Julie, how are you even able do this?' I was completely awe and amazed. There's something in her writing which always caught me, that always made me so much drawn to the story. Her imagination is just wow! By the way she wrapped this up, it left me very well contented and satisfied.

In this book, Ash and Puck traveled to find a way for Ash to be with Meghan in the Iron Realm. As they goes through their journey, they faced great physical, mental and emotional challenges, met companions they never thought would be coming and found realization within themselves.

One great thing about this book is I get to see Ash's side. His thoughts, his past, his wavering and vulnerable side. I was able to learn more of him here, see what he really was. I saw how he faced everything, how his thoughts dithered and faltered at times, how he hesitated with his decisions, how he took all those realizations. And also how he had overcome them.

The Ash and Puck team-up was also one of the high points of this book. Though there had always been tension between the two because of what had happened in the past, both had come into civil terms in this part of the series. I saw how their relationship was in the past and how the challenges and unexpected twist they faced through their journey affected it. Though, basically this is Ash's story, Puck really did shine in this book. And I think I saw a mending relationship in here. :))

The last part was in Meghan's point of view (Is this a spoiler? Haha!), oh well, I won't be saying anything but yeah, definitely this is a good part. I found myself on my way to the last part wishing that I could read the ending in Meghan's POV, and *tadaa!* Kagawa did it! Yay! The ending was ---:))!

And yeah, one more thing, I was so so touched, moved, awed, amazed on how Ash had fallen in love with Meghan. After knowing almost everything about him, from what he was and what he did in the past, it was kind of Wow! To think that this guy, this kind of guy fell in love with a girl and now he would definitely do anything and give up everything just to be with her. That was just really WOW! :)) (Yeah, wow. I can't find a word to describe it. Haha!)

This series will always remain in my heart! I will forever treasure this story. Thank you Julie Kagawa for creating such magic, I was totally devoured by your world.

A perfect read! I highly recommend this! :))

This review is also posted at Book Overdose

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron Knight.

Quotes Eunice Liked

Julie Kagawa
“You don't think I regret what I did, every single day? You lost Ariella, but I lost you both! Believe it or not, I was kind of a mess too, Ash. It got to a point where I actually looked forward to our random duels, because that was the only time I could talk to you. When you were freaking trying to kill me!”

Julie Kagawa
“I have come from the End of the World. From the River of Dreams, through the gauntlet and the Briar and the Deep Wyld, in order to stand before you today. I have but one request—to take my place at your side. To resume my duty as your knight, and to protect you and your kingdom for as long as I draw breath.”
tags: love

Julie Kagawa
“You're here," I murmured, reaching out to touch him, hardly believing this was real. "You came back." Ash's breath hitched, and he put his hand over mine.
"I came home.”

Julie Kagawa
“Geez, you guys. I know I'm popular and all, but seriously, you're a bit too co-dependent for me. I'm going to need you to step away from my personal bubble." A wispy vine-woman curled ivy tendrils around his arm, and he sliced through them with his dagger. "No! Bad Wraith! No touchie!”

Julie Kagawa
“I had been in love with Ariella. I remembered what she'd meant to me, what I'd felt for her then...
... and what I didn't feel for her now.”

10/21/2011 page 133