Jon Allen's Reviews > Agatha H and the Airship City

U_50x66
Aug 12, 12

bookshelves: science-fiction, steampunk
Read in August, 2012

This was fantastic. I've always enjoyed the Girl Genius comic, so I was looking forward to reading more adventures of Agatha Clay, Spark Extraordinaire.

It was a bit of a let down that this book was just a prose narrative of the first few volumes of the comic, instead of a new original adventure. But I quickly fell into this book. It was great to revisit the introductions of my favorite characters, especially as it occurred so long ago in the comic.

Probably the best part was the expanded characterizations that the authors were able to use in prose. Without having to worry about the limits of panels and word balloons, all of the characters get much deeper emotions and motivations, and many issues that seemed to just suddenly appear in the comic were able to make a more gradual sensible introduction in the book.

I would recommend to anyone interested in Steampunk adventure, and strongly recommend to anyone that enjoys Girl Genius.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Agatha H and the Airship City.