Jaime Arkin's Reviews > Spell Bound

Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins

Sep 28, 14

bookshelves: paranormal, ya, ebook-format, on-my-real-shelves
Read in April, 2012

I give this whole series a solid 4 stars. I was definitely entertained and really enjoyed the story.

In the third book we jump right in where we left off... sort of! Sophie was told by Cal to get to the Brannicks and so she took the Itineris there. Sophie is defenseless and at the mercy of the Brannicks but all isn't as it seems and she makes a startling discovery. We finally learn what has happened to the others after Thorne Abbey's collapse and we learn even more about her family history in this book but without her powers she's not sure she can stop the war that is coming.

I can't say much without giving away a lot so I won't, but the book is fast paced and has tons of action.

I will say that I loved these characters - Hawkins creates characters that are hard to resist and entertaining I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know them. That being said, I will say I was disappointed at the end with a certain characters story, but it didn't totally ruin it for me, I just wanted more.

ALSO - did we ever find out what the secret was between Izzy and Torin?? Did I miss that?

If you like a fast paced paranormal story line, with witty, snarky humor and a wide cast of characters definitely give the series a read, you won't be disappointed.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spell Bound.

04/15/2012 page 110