Misty Rayburn's Reviews > The Butcher's Boy

The Butcher's Boy by M.R. Mathias

Oct 17, 11

Read from October 13 to 16, 2011

Thirty-one years ago, Buxly the Butcher was tried for murdering his family. He was found guilty and sentenced to die for those grizzly acts. Now a newly divorced nurse has bought and moved into the house, completely unaware of what happened so long ago.

The transition to a new life for Janet and her son Michael seems to go well. Janet meets a handsome charmer and decides she likes him enough to start dating again. She leaves Michael with a babysitter. Fueled by tales of the house being haunted, Michael and his babysitter begin doing research and the deeper in they get, the more they find that no one is who they seem.

I have read a lot of thrillers in my time so it’s really hard to get me engaged to the point where I get the chills. This book did it! Michael Mathias’ use of description, storyline and plot twists take you on a dark ride where you just HAVE to know what happens next. The night I first started it, I didn’t want to put it down for that very reason. What more could you want? It’s suspenseful, you don’t want to pull away from it and it’s gory! All things anyone who loves a great horror novel looks for. I’m really glad I picked this one up and chose October to read it. It was perfect for Halloween and now I’m looking for something to beat it!

Thank you to Michael Mathias for the review copy, it in no way influenced my review.
Michael Mathias was a Booster for The Top Shelf for the month of October. That in no way influenced my review.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Butcher's Boy.