Julie's Reviews > The L-Shaped Room

The L-Shaped Room by Lynne Reid Banks

F_50x66
Oct 13, 11

Read in October, 2011

4 1/2 While many would find this book quite dated, I loved it. In London, Jane has taken a room in a boarding house after she becomes pregnant and her father makes her leave the house. The house is dated and dreary, and the first night in her room, Jane sees bugs crawling out of her mattress. But she makes a home for herself and becomes involved with the characters in the house. I loved Jane's braveness and lack of self-pity. There are two books that follow about Jane and her child that I look forward to reading.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The L-Shaped Room.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol (new)

Carol Eshaghy Where did you hear about it?

Julie Some book blog I read... I can't remember which one.

message 3: by Carol (new)

Carol Eshaghy Sounds like a book I would enjoy. Trying to read books that have been on the shelf. Some make me wonder why I bought them.
Do you have a college student now? Where is she at? First one away is a hard transition . Everything feels out of sync!

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate Guinan She wrote the Indian in the Cupboard series for kids. I loved, loved those books, especially the audio, which I believe she reads herself.

Julie Carol- Hannah is actually a sophomore at Aquinas in Grand Rapids. I just went Friday to pick her up for fall break.

message 6: by Carol (new)

Carol Eshaghy Can't believe it. Time is going by way too fast.