Moonlight Gleam's Reviews > The Birth of Jaiden

The Birth of Jaiden by Jennifer Malone Wright

Oct 13, 2011

Read on October 13, 2011

The story centers on the life of a century old vampire named Alexander Lucas, who after witnessing the death of his family and being turned against his will, is struggling to cope with what he has become. Alexander is in search for a purpose, breaking into a church each night to pray for answers and guidance.

One day his prayers are answered, and Alexander is at last given a duty which is in favor of the greater good of humanity. Alexander must protect and care for a newborn witch baby named Jaiden. This is no ordinary baby girl, Jaiden is powerful, and is capably of destroying the world if the wrong people get a hold on her.

Luckily, Alexander is not alone, having another powerful witch and a guardian angel on his side to battle against all things evil…Things take a turn when Alexander’s emotions come into play… Will he let his emotions get the best of him?

The Birth of Jaiden is definitely not your average vampire story. Coffins? Sure! But, who knew that some vampires wanted to be saved through finding a greater purpose, seeking help from beyond the universe and to a greater existence…

An element of The Birth of Jaiden that I personally enjoyed was the development of the characters within the novel and the flow of the story. The story was a little choppy at first, however, as the story unfolds, the characters’ backgrounds are revealed in greater detail, leaving you wanting to learn more about them all. Another aspect of the novel I also enjoyed is the alternating character point of views throughout the novel.

My favorite character would have to be Danielle, an earth-bound guardian angel who befriends Alexander. It’s always a pleasure seeing when most of the characters presented in the story played an important role, with few secondary characters; The Birth of Jaiden was no exception.

I would definitely love to read more about Alexander and Isabelle... and I will just leave it at that!

I recommend this novel to those who enjoy Adult Fiction and Fantasy. I definitely look forward to reading more of Jennifer Wright’s work!

4/5 – An Enjoyable Read, Well Written, Recommended
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Birth of Jaiden.