Joanne's Reviews > Bossypants

Bossypants by Tina Fey

Nov 08, 2011

did not like it
Read in January, 2011

Don't give up your day job, Tina! From the "photo shopped" cover photo with Tina shown with manish forearms (did you think this would startle us into buying the book, Tina?) to the blah blah blah rhetoric mysteriously peppered with alternative sexuality references (mysterious because she's straight and sexuality is REALLY a non-issue) this book doesn't deserve your time! I don't even understand the title -"bossypants!" I know I have no sense of humor and Tina is a comic writer so I plogged on with my borrowed copy hoping it would get better...NOT!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bossypants.

message 1: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer I'm curious to see if you think it's worth the read or not. I have it in my "potential" list.

Joanne Will advise! My sister read it and thought it was not exactly deep; but interesting - sort of a beach read! We all need a break from esoteric exotica!

message 3: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer Thanks for the great review, Joanne. I will be taking this one off of my list.

Joanne Glad to help - I am so opinionated - I heard one woman say that she was laughing so much while reading it while having a pedi that the technician thought she was tickling her.